We know that not every tenant is the same – and everyone has different needs.
That’s why we have a range of services – including our Livingwell service and amenity housing – to help tenants live in their own homes for longer.
Our Livingwell service helps our older tenants live independently in their own homes for as long as they can.
Cube has Livingwell services in complexes across our communities.
- daily face-to-face visits for tenants who want them from a dedicated mobile team
- contact when it suits, for example in the evening and at weekends
- staff, or volunteers, on site at certain times seven days a week
- Livingwell Advisors, working in small local teams as part of wider area hubs, providing cover 365 days a year
- a wider range of leisure and social activities for tenants
- opportunities for tenants to take part in volunteering
- a tried-and-tested OkEachDay service where tenants press a button to let us know everything is fine at their home and, if not, receive a call from a friendly person.
Tenants with more complex or critical needs get help to arrange a statutory assessment for a care package by the Glasgow City Health and Social Care Partnership.
What is amenity housing?
Amenity homes are for tenants aged 55 and older. They are designed with the older tenant in mind.
Amenity housing offers independent living. Staff are not based in the block. However, tenants may receive support visits and access to technology to help them live independently at home.
- level-access showers
- lifts and wheelchair access
- communal facilities, for example a common room or roof terrace
- additional safety features, for example controlled video entry
- dementia-friendly design features.