Being a Cube tenant is great value when you add everything up.
Thank you for paying your rent again this year. It means we can keep providing you with:
- Lots of useful services
- Improvements to homes
- Help and support whenever you need it
- 24/7 repairs
- Clean and tidy communities.
Want to find out more? Find out more in the sections below - and see how we're helping make neighbourhoods great in our Community News.
Services at Cube
Did you know we strive to provide excellent services at Cube? That includes:
- 24/7 customer service, 365 days a year
- housing officers who are out and about to support you
- fast and responsive repairs in your home
- easy, accessible online services
- a handyperson service for over 60s and disabled people
- fuel and benefits advice
- recycled furniture, emergency food parcels and other support when you’re struggling.
We improved homes this year by delivering:
- £6.9m of planned improvements in our homes and communities
- new bathrooms and showers for 362 tenants in Wyndford
- new kitchens for 18 tenants in Hamilton
- full electrical rewire and smoke detectors for 28 tenants in Haldane
- 49 new energy efficient boilers across various areas
- £1.1m for communal upgrade works in Broomhill, Gorget and Wyndford
- £623k upgrading environmental areas in Broomhill
- over £1.4m further improvements to fire safety further in our homes
- £1.3m worth of new external wall insulation and roofs renewals for properties in Ladyton and Nobleston, keeping their homes wamer and helping to reduce fuel bills.
Help and support
Here is how we helped and supported tenants and their families in 2018/19:
- created 34 opportunities for people from our homes to get into work or training with 302 of our customers benefiting
- supported 201 new tenants with household budgeting, running a home and settling into their community through My Great Start
- put food on the table in 81 homes through our Eat Well service
- gave 76 tenants up-cycled furniture through our Home Comforts service
- awarded 37 young people from our homes a bursary to go to university or college
- provided free books every month to 42 children under five in our homes through the Dolly Parton Imagination Library initiative.
Our repairs service keeps getting better thanks to your feedback.
- you can book a repair online or by phone 24/7
- we completed 98% of repairs right first time
- the average time taken for emergency repairs is 2.1 hours
- non emergencies get done on average in six days
- City Building annually recruited 60 trades apprentices from Wheatley
We’re working on improving repairs even more. Look out for more improvements coming soon.
Here are some of the ways we help keep communities clean, tidy and safe places to live.
- our Stay Safe campaign, aimed at promoting safety messages to customers, saw another 79 home safety visits carried out in our homes last year that helped to reduce fires in our homes by 11%
- Some of our communities achieved a 5-star Keep Scotland Beautiful award
- our NETs clean more than 100 tenement closes each week.